Friday, September 20

I have been over here in Sweden for just over two years now. A week ago when I could say I had been here a year and a bit I felt better about my work situation. But now I feel I had better pull my finger out and find something better. What I am doing at the moment is okay in the short to at a push medium term but at the end of the day its mind-numbing donkey work.


My grasp of Swedish is getting better; I think my parents are least slightly impressed last week while they were over. Mums are easy to impress though. Potential employers tend to be pickier. I have applied for a payroll / accounts assistant post today but I don’t hold out much hope really. Just a feeling they will look at most of the Swedish applicants before I get much of a look in. Given the choice between two equal candidates, one Swedish and a foreigner without a perfect grasp of the language, who would you choose? That is if the job hasnt already been filled internaly and is only being advertised to comply with the nicaties of the law.


I will just have to keep battling on, I have applied to do a basic accounts course at the local college. Hopfully having a swedish qualification on my cv will help make a better impression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home