Thursday, May 8

Im still about, really I am. I would have liked to have posted more recently but Im afraid I have burnt myself out. Apart from working the morning shift which means getting up at 4.30 after a restless night waiting for the alarm clock to ring I have done something very stupid. It was on Monday and I can only say someone must have spiked my drink or something as I could not have been thinking straight. For some reason I thought that a 20km run would be "good fun". To confirm my insanity i decided not to run on a nice level tarmac route but one of the running tracks up in the hills.

Think cross country route from hell and then some more. The tracks started out lovely, good natural running but it was all a big trick. Slowly, not even so you would notice at first the footpaths became worse and worse. Until after about 10kms, the point at which the trail has tricked you into the middle of nowhere and turning back would take just as long as going onwards, you get a sinking feeling. Not just a psychological sinking feeling, an actual where has my foot gone sinking feeling. Some joker has routed this track into a bog. Not to worry who wants nice clean running shoes anyway. Boulders, Fallen trees, snow (will somebody please tell this stuff its May) and wind swept hills all conspired to remind me im an idiot.

I have also been busy working on another little project but I am going to have to keep that one secret for a little while longer. Hopefully I will be back all refreshed after the weekend and back posting on a more regular basis. But for the time being this is one worn out idiot signing out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home