Friday, March 22

The simple things in life bring the greatest joys. We have a new phone at last. The one we had been using was a cheap plastic affair and I am glad to see the back of it. No longer will I be jumping out off my skin each time the phone rings. Nothings ever perfect though, I think the answerphone is being sarcastic when telling me we have no new messages. Thursdays run was another easy run of 26 minutes. Hopefully soon I will be able to work in some shorter harder runs but at the moment I don’t want to risk it until the ice has gone for good.

Today I had another call from work asking if I could come in again. That meant a rush to work at short notice and no time for a run today. However I am sticking with what Chris of www.runnerchris.blogspot.com said about cycling instead of running. “Don't feel bad about cycling instead of running. I'm finding that more cross-training is a good thing. It gives your legs a break from all the pounding and builds/works different muscles” I am all for that now if only my bum would agree with me. I am to say the least, slightly saddle sore. I certainly wouldn’t be any good as a cowboy. It’s as if my backside is holding me to ransom saying “I know you didn’t go running yesterday and now your going to suffer”. Paranoia is a wonderful thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home