Thursday, June 13

I have managed to avoid most DIY jobs up to now. The trouble is I am generally a bit on the clumsy side. Coupled with a tendency to rush in without always thinking this tends to bring a botched end product. However with the summer temperatures increasing and our apartment topping the scale with an extra 5 degrees on whatever it was outside there was one job that needed doing. A window frame to let the cool breeze in but to stop any bugs and beasties from flying into our air space. Hardly the largest of projects, just 4 lengths of wood nailed together and covered in mesh. Indeed probably one that would have Handy Andy telling the presenters to do it themselves, but still for me, a challenge. Admittedly the frame is just slightly of square and I had to go back to the store to purchase the goods I had forgotten. However we now have a cooler bug free environment, result. Maybe I did it a little bit too well, Maria has ordered another 2 now. Time to go back to my clumsy old self again maybe…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home