Monday, November 11

Winter has well and truly arrived. The small snow flurries we had a couple of days back are still with us, and with the hard frost have turned into a slippery nightmare. The challenges I have set myself for my running might seem a little tough, but the real challenge will be to see if I can manage to go though the whole winter without falling over. I can see myself crossing the finish line in Stockholm but I can’t see myself with a bruise or two come March.

Maybe I am just clumsy but last year I managed to fall down the stairs once (snow and not drink induced may I add) and found myself sitting on my backside in the snow and ice countless times. I did believe I had the problem sorted with removable spikes that could be added to the soles of my shoes. They did seem to be helping, but I think the benefits were more in my mind than anything else. They seemed to work just as well when I put them on upside down by mistake once.

Its not that I dislike the snow, it makes quite a difference around here. The extra light it brings can really cheer up the long dark winter nights. There is also something about the crunching sound beneath your feet that has a wonderful appeal. Snow can be a lot of fun. We just have some issues to sort out, mainly its desire to place me on my backside and its tendency to outstay its welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home