Tuesday, May 13

I really have trouble-understanding people some times. Is there anything going on in their heads other than pan piped lift music? To be fair to the Swedes most of them are really thoughtful when I am out running. Today was a case in point when a bus driver waited for me to actually reach the pedestrian crossing so I didn’t have to break my stride. Wonderful. However on the other side of the coin there is the smirking cat walker of last week and today a driver wanting directions. Maybe it’s just me; perhaps I do have unreasonable expectations. Could it be me that’s the thoughtless sod that’s the bane of society?

Maybe I should have been grateful to have the chance to give someone directions. After all I was the chosen one, could it be that I should feel a sense of pride of being oracle of knowledge? I mean he could have asked the elderly couple sitting waiting for a bus, or the chap those dog was seeing if he could make a lamp post grow any higher. Instead “elevator music man” picked the person turning a shade of red to purple, glancing every so often at his watch, and moving at what I thought was a reasonable pace.

Maybe “elevator music man” thought I looked like I needed a break. Maybe he was thinking of the loneliness of the long distance runner and thought I would like a little conversation, or maybe there really isn’t anything at all inside some peoples heads. And get this, he even had the cheek to get annoyed as he kept on having to move his car so he could continue to ask for his daft directions. Sometimes I just despair, I gave him his directions and he went happily on his way. I don’t think he will ask again though, when giving directions I seem to have a problem with my left and right….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home