Sunday, May 23

*Gulp* It is now only 13 days to the Stockholm Marathon. Time to panic! My training has totally gone to the dogs since I started working again and I have to admit I am underprepared. I have to hope that my base fitness due to cycling instead of driving, walking and the physical side of my new job and my previous work will see me through. Its not ideal, I could have done with a few extra long runs under my belt, but then doesn't pratically everyone who lines up for a marathon say that?

I have totally had to readjust what I hope to get out of the race and will probably end up taking it easy at the start and see how I feel towards the end. I will be started with the yellows (third start pen) but I will have to be careful not to get carried away and try and keep up with them.

So I am unsure of how I will be able to do on the day, the only think I am certain of is that it is going to hurt towards the end. Please please don't let it be a hot day. The mental side is going to have a large part to play, the conflict between wanting to stop and yet a desire not to take the easy option.

Having said all that I still cant wait, my running vest arrived in the post today - had to get it post order from the UK seeing as the family complain doing the half marathon last years that they couldn't spot me in my standard Swedish store vest. Hopefully by bright orange top complete with my union jack shorts should make things a little easier for them this time around.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really must change your header - no longer are you a 24 year old are you??!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home