Saturday, May 22

Oh the Irony. The reason I wasn't posting in the past was due to not having a job and now the reason my post are lacking is my tiredness because of having a job.

So far the new job has been great. I drive around in a little fork lift truck with 3 roughly 600 litre cages on the back. My little touch screen computer tells me where to go - its the boss, the only chance I get to return the favor is when it crashes. Wherever it send me I jump off scans the item, and then play a game of 3D tetris trying to decide what the best position to place it in the cart would be.

The people all seemed to be really friendly and helpful but you largely work on your own. That suits me just fine, no need to worry what other idiots get up to. The pay is good, its worked out on a piece rate basis so if you work hard it shows in the paypacket at the end of the month. The only negative being that a slack day also shows.

The work does also have some unexpected downsides. You see a cute puppy or kitten running around in the park. I see a waste disposal unit that cannot wait to scolf the next free lunch it has placed in front of it. Don't they know how much a box full of dog food weighs. A responsible cat owner with value-supersaver of cat litter granules or an evil villain who just wants to put my back out?

Not that I should complain really. I don't often work in that section anyway. My department is the fresh fridge section. So think of me this summer while you are out sunbathing. I will be wrapped up warm in my thermals from neck to toe driving my little chock-a-block truck around. And who knows I may even post again before that time arrives...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home