Wednesday, November 26

I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to travel light. Everytime I go somewhere I try, I really try, but it never seems to work out. Something always slips in a extra pair of trousers, or a top or two. Well you never know what will happen do you ? I fully admit to being clumsy and to decide that a meal particularly prone to staining is likely to land in my lap as much as my mouth. And then there is the weather, what if it gets a little chilly, you would be kicking yourself if you didn't have an extra jumper, just to be on the safe side like.

On my latest trip however I let the reckless carefree packing out from deep inside me, I threw caution to the wind. Or should that be I throw caution into the wind ? as it can flying straight back at me. One change of shirt, just the one, one singular item of clothing and a pair of running shoes were the only item I placed into my suitcase. * So how then does my case still manage to be nearly 1 kg overweight?

I have a theory, lets call it the If-you-are-going-to-leave-me-at-home-you-are-bloody-well-going to-have-to-carry-everything-I-would-have-brought-anyway theory. Kind of a catchy title I think you would agree. Anyway IYAGTLMEHYABWGTHTCEIWHBA theory states that there is a direct relationship between how much space you leave in a suitcase and the number of items a spouse will decide to request. My original idea of just taking an overnight bag had somehow transform into the end section of the generation game. The only thing missing was the cuddly toy and that was only due to the lack of space, and maybe because it was considered too light.

A book the size of a council paving slab, a games console, dried pear halfs, a little English flag, though I must admit I did slip this in for myself were the reward I received for walking around with soup stains down my leg. From now on I am giving up on traveling light, its just too heavy.

*In the interest of hygiene and so you don't consider me to be a walking cesspit I insist on inserting this disclaimer. The reason I did not pack any change of underwear, or items of personal hygiene was due to the said items being available to my final destination. Thank you for you attention in this matter and on behalf of all here at runjamesrun may we wish you a pleasant onward journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home