Monday, June 7

The full Marathon report - Part one. I will warn you from the start these might turn out to be rather long posts. Stop groaning at the back, gess we have only just started, If I can run 26.2 (never forget the point 2) The least you can do is read a little further before starting to complain! The day started with an early wake up call at 5 for the drive down to Stockholm. Uncertain of how easy it would be to find the carparks we have penciled in we thought it best to go early just to be on the safe side.

So with Maria worry about the capitals traffic and myself concerned about the ever increasing figures showing on the temperature gauge we travelled onward. After about 3 hours and two short stops, one for breakfast and one for the police to decide if Maria had been drinking or not we arrived at our destination, Karonlinska hospital before the short bus and tube rides to the race registration and the start. Finding the way was no longer going to be a problem, in what was going to become my theme for the day it was just a case of follow the person in front, all roads road to the stadium.

Once I had collected my race number we passed the time by trying to work out where Maria would try and cheer me on from around the course and at what times we thought I would arrive at these points. A light meal of a few bananas and a couple of sandwiches and a spot of people watching passed the time until I went to get changed into my race kit. Having been moaned at before for wearing a common white top this time I was making no mistake and went for a bright orange vest and blue union flag shorts. Maybe not the height of fashion but noticeable at least.


After I joined the queues of people waiting to make a deposit in the blue portable savings cubicles, Maria thought it was best to go claim her first spectators spot. I had about an hour to pass before the start of the race, with nerves increasing, I decide to see if I could find another member of a forum I chat on. After a while however hanging around the ladies bag storage area was beginning to appear slightly on the dodgy side and my stomach was increasing becoming more and more upset, not a particular good sign.

to be continued...

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learn how to quickly create an RSS feeds with our RSS feeder, for high link popularity and ultimately better search engine rankings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home