Monday, March 25

Despite remaining around zero, the weather was wonderful on Sunday. So having delivered all the junk mail on my round (A job I don’t particularly care for but do all the same) we decided to go for a bike ride. We being my fiancee Maria, and myself. It seems everyone else and their dogs had had the same idea. The area around the lake was crowded (by swedish standards) and cycling became more of a salom event. Confusion started to show on my face as we pulled nearer to the lakeside. On the other side of the lake boat sails could be seen skimming quickly across the lake. But the lakes still covered on ice, the voices in my head could be heard to be screaming, how can this be ? It seems they have made canoes on skate like runners with sailing boat sails. Quite a clever construction, that were moving at a rapid speed. People seemed to be quite happy to go out walking on the ice covered lake. Call me a chicken if you like, but having seen the ice melting towards the shoreline, my feet decided they were staying on firm ground.

I tested my resting heart beat over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised to find it has come down to 60 beats a minute. I can not remember exactly what it was before I moved over, but I have a feeling it was around 74 beats a minute. Maybe it is just my memory playing tricks on me, but I would prefer to call it a good improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home