Monday, June 17

We caught a fish. We caught a little fish. Well I say we, but I mean Maria. However I was there at the time so that has to count for something doesn’t it? Having not ever fished before in my case or for 10 years in Marias you could say we were novices: it would however be closer to the truth to say we didn’t have a clue what we were doing. Having purchased a rod that would have looked more at home in the toy rather than the fishing department we were keen to have a try.

It was a case of the blind leading the blind. After several attempts the closest thing I had come to catching was my left ear. I would like to blame Maria for showing me the wrong technique, but the truth is I was still hopeless after we had worked out what we were meant to be doing. Without saying anything we came to the decision that it was safer if I were to sit on the bank and watch. There were little fishes to be seen but they didn’t seem to be interested in our bait. To be honest I cant blame them. If someone were to serve me a meat pie with a hook sticking out the side, I would, well, pardon the pun, expect there was something fishing going on.

And then just as we were thinking about going home without any success maria felt her hook get stuck on some weeds. Except this weeds were moving. The weeds were swimming! It was a fish! A 10cm little perch, or so maria told me. Okay so it wasn’t a huge fish but you should have seen the one that got away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home