Thursday, July 4

As of next Wednesday my little sis will have officially outgrown the ”little” tag and turn 21. Its creeped up on me. In part of my mind she is still the little girl that would get into trouble for biting my wrists. The girl that had the plumbers installing our central heating system turning the air blue. Apparently fishing with magnets on string for nails posted down pipes isn’t part of their training. Or the little girl that one summers day, when sent to pick some wild flowers came back with a beautiful bouquet … picked from various neighbours gardens.

Little handful that she was, she probably didn’t deserve the potential psychological damage from the mysterious teeth marks appearing on her brothers arm. She knew that she hadn’t done anything, but still the proof was there. It takes a very suspicious parent to check the dental records of their offspring before doling out retribution. Sorry sis. As a trailer on BBC prime keeps proclaiming – Childhood, it lasts a lifetime.

Living in a different country makes the giving of presents a bit more challenging. It has to be strong enough to survive a journey through the (in case pauls reading, Swedish) postal system and light enough so that the stamps don’t end up costing more than the gift itself. This year I thought I had cracked it. White water rapid rafting down the man made course in Nottingham. But last night that idea was squashed. She wont have time to do it proclaimed wise owl. She will be working all summer before disappearing to Switzerland to continue her uni course. Bugger.

So here’s my quandary. Wednesday is looming and I have no idea what my present should be. Anyone got any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home