Friday, June 28

They named their daughter Ikea!



Being an Ipswich Town supporter I have grown up with stories of the activities of our friends from Norwich, and heres another one from the evening news. A couple have named their baby daughter Ikea after the Swedish furniture store. Linda Dagless, from Norwich, came up with the idea after spotting an Ikea advert in a magazine when she was pregnant. Dad, Brad Wheeler, wasn't convinced at first but is now intending to have Ikea tattooed on his arm. Ms Dagless, a 26-year-old mother-of-four told the Evening News: "I was pregnant, sitting on the sofa with my boyfriend and trying to think of a name for the little girl I was going to have when I noticed the Ikea advert. "I saw the name Ikea and thought it would make a nice name for my baby. "I have seen the Ikea adverts on the telly and in magazines and thought they always had nice furniture, but I've never been to the shop. I'm now planning to go there with my mum."

Mr Wheeler, 36, said: "At first I was a bit wary about it. Now I love the name, Ikea. I initially agreed on the condition I could choose her middle name, which is Jasmine." An Ikea spokesman said: "As far as we're aware, this is the first time anyone has named their child after us and it is a great honour. A good idea may have been to have given Ikea the middle name of another successful Swedish export to the UK, Sven." The name Ikea is made up from the initials of its Swedish founder, Ingvar Kamprad, plus the first letter of Elmtaryd and Agunnaryd, the farm and village where he grew up.

There is nothing as strange as folk! I think I should recieve credit for posting this without suggesting that the new baby isnt quite all there, or might have a screw loose...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home