Wednesday, October 2

I have found another college that is offering the basic finance course that I was interesting. A basic enquiry email has been sent and hopefully I will get a reply in the next few days so I can get cracking with it. I have a feeling that I will already know most of the subject already. What I really want to get out of the course is the chance to learn the correct Swedish words and to have another Swedish qualification on my cv. Anything to get the Swedes to sit up and realise that actually I am only from another country and not another planet.

A couple of new job applications have been fired off as well. I am still not overly hopeful, but it is better that I let them decide they don’t want me rather than decide for them by not sending my letter to them in the first place. The latest one was to the Sweden’s Ski Association, they requested a genuine love of sports, which I have. However it would probably be better not to mention my only knowledge of Ski Jumping is from giggling at Eddie the Eagle Edwards. At least there wouldn’t be any Swedish / English conflicts like there were with the world cup last summer.

My outlook over my job prospects is not so dark as it has been the last week or so. I have to keep thinking of the progress that I have made over the two years rather than the pace of change being slower than it perhaps could be. I have also been re rereading Chris Moons autobiography. It feels hopelessly pathetic to be depressed when he has gone through so much an unbelievable cheerful outlook on life. Surviving being kidnapped by the Kumar Rogue without being bitter is an achievement in itself. To top that by still being upbeat after losing a leg and arm while clearing land mines is beyond words.

I have noting at all to complain about at all…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home