Saturday, July 26

I have been asked what time I would be hoping for when I run the half marathon at the start of September. It’s a question that generally I have been avoiding answering. When I first came up with the idea to run the 3 races some time last year I would have been happy with anything around the 2 hour mark for a half marathon. At that time it looked like it would be a reasonable challenge while still being in the vicinity of the possible. Having not run the distance before I wasn’t really sure what to expect but looking at my times for shorter distances I thought I would be happy with a time around 2 hours.

Needless to say after training more I now have a better understanding of how fast I could complete the course. I still wont answer the question however, well maybe in a vague sort of way. Anything over 2 hours will be disappointing, 1 hour 55mins I would consider a bronze medal, 1hour 50mins is worth a silver and sub 1hour 45 is a gold. My real target is 1 second quicker than Chris’ personal best but I think I can trust him to keep that time quiet for a month or two

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home