Tuesday, March 26

Feeling good on Monday I decided to try a run around the lake at a faster pace. The state of well being didn’t last that long, until about half way around in fact. There were quite a few runners out today, and every single one of them looked much calmer than myself. Maybe on the outside I don’t look that bad either. However on the inside my stomach was churning and my heart pounding, there were several times when I could have quite happily given up. As long as there was no one there to see me give up that is. And that’s what got me out of the sticky spot. Each time my legs were willing me to stop, another Swede popped out of the hedges, until finally I was home again. Another run done at just under 8 minute mile pace instead of my more usual plodding 10-minute milers. So all in all not such a bad day after all. Now where can I find 101 people willing to line the route of my training runs at short notice…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home