Saturday, July 6

Am I turning old before my time ? I don’t think I am become old and crusty but that’s what I have been accused of. And a tight git to boot! The reason? The flask of tea I have started to take to work. Why don’t you just get a drink from the coffee machine like everyone else? The 2 kronar cost? The wasteful use of plastic cups? The dodgy looking bloke that often loiters there? NO, NO and well maybe.

Drinks from machines are never great at the best of times. Black coffee, Coffee with ”milk”, Coffee with ”milk” and sugar to hide taste of bad coffee and milk. Espresso, Capacinno (yeah right) They like there coffee here in Sweden. I don’t. Hot Chocolate, mmm maybe if it didn’t taste like the coffee but with extra extra sugar and a hint of chocolate hidden away as an aftertaste. Come on machine stop messing me about, I want a good old fashioned cup of British tea. CoffeeChoc, told you these Swedes like their coffee. There it is hidden at the bottom of the list – Tea! No hang on a moment, that’s not proper tea that’s, fruit tea. They haven’t comment to a flavour, but whatever it is it isn’t proper tea.

Ask for a cuppa in a Swedes house and you will get one of 2 responses. Are you sure you wouldn’t like a coffee ? Or the scrimmaging towards the back of a cupboard, from which a wooden chest is produced. A well made case which you assume could contain many delights. It flipped open and you are requested to pick your tea. Orange tea, lemon tea, grapefruit, pineapple, strawberry, amble tea. Argggh I just want a cup of tea. Im sure these teas are very nice if that’s what you want, but it isn’t!

So accuse me if you like of being cheap if you like, but for the time being my flask will continue to accompany me to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home