Thursday, October 24

Maria was treated this morning to a special reenactment this morning to the opening scene of Four weddings and A funeral. Wondering what I was doing in bed at 7am, she gave me a kick and had her efforts rewarded by watching me flying around and turning the air blue. I guess I needed the extra 2 hours sleep but I would have to choose a day when they had plan an intensive day of printing. In reply to Davids query I have yet to hear a cry of Stop the Presses. I hope one day to witness it but I guess the world of book printing doesn't really move that quickly. You are much more likely to hear a cry of ”fika” which means ”coffee AND a cake” which has the same but less dramatic effect on the presses.

Its a big con however as we only ever get coffee, and the chance to raid the tuck shop. Filled with various chocolate, licorice (Swedes seem to love the stuff, they even have licorice ice cream!) and of course crisps, although the swedes call them chips which can be confusing. Paul may be addicted to his marmite chips, but he would be out of luck over here. Again the swedes have striked out on their own and taken a different route to the UK. Your fried potatoes here are going to taste of peppers, dill and spring onions, sour cream and chives and of course licorice.

As a bonus to this post you can also go see how the swedes picture the UK with the online commercial from Swedish crisp manufacturers OLW. click on Tillbaka to be able to see more of their adverts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home