Thursday, October 10

Thank you all for your kind comments about my blogs new design. Never before have I received so many backhanded complements in one go ! I am much happier with this one as well in particular the smaller window to the left for my running posts. I think for the foreseeable future I will stick with off the shelf templates rather than dabbling myself. Playing with code when you are not really sure what you are doing is a black hole which sucks in all your time and your left with a template no one likes anyway !

Work has been a bit crazy, and the bosses are not happy peeps at all. Seems that the large print run that went to the press at the start of the week now lies in the recycling container. 40.000 copies may not been a big print run by English standards but for a Swedish book its one of the larger runs that we do. The pages were coming out wonky and it was something that a “stacker” ie me should have noticed. After a few nervous moments trying to recall which arks our shift had printed I realised I was in the clear. Will have to be extra careful at the moment I think as the routes to other jobs are still long and winding. No reply from the college about the course I want to start so I will have to send a follow up mail today. Two of the jobs I applied for have their closing dates for applications today, so fingers crossed on that front.

And as for the state of Ipswich Town at the moment, baa humbug…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home