Tuesday, December 10

I found myself awake at a ridiculous early hour this morning with little chance of getting back to sleep. Instead of wandering around all day with a sour face and no energy I forced myself to go out for a run. I have purchased a new set of strap on running spikes that were recommended by one of the Swedish fitness magazine. We will have to wait and see how good they really are. They seem all right at the moment but that may just be due to it not being so slippery outside at the moment. At the moment I have confidence in them but only time will tell if I end up feeling like someone who has purchased too much from the shopping channel.

It took a while to get going but I did enjoy the run. A very satisfying crunch beneath the feet is much more enjoyable compared to saggy cornflake like wet leave back in England. I had to explore new routes seeing as the forest trails have been given over to cross country skiers. They tend to get just a tad annoyed if you leave footprints over their ski tracks. I have no idea how far I went and to be honest I don’t really care. It was 40 minutes worth of running and time on my feet is all I will record over the winter. Its pointless trying to race the clock in these conditions. As long as I can retain a fitness base for when spring arrives I will be a happy chappy. That’s the third run in the last seven days so training is going as well as can be expected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home