Tuesday, November 26

Weekly Marathon Update #2

The cold that was keeping me down last week has now packed its bags so I should be able to start some light training this week. At the moment I am not following and structured training plan as such. With the state of the trials deteriorating with the onset of winter I will be running on an ad hoc basis with additional indoor strength training.

My fundraising pack has arrived from the nice people at concern. I can now confirm that any sponsorship raised will support concerns work with landmine victims in Cambodia. “Helping them to rebuild their lives so that they can once again become active members of the community. Through skills training, employment projects and credit and savings schemes, landmine injured people can gain back their independence and, just as importantly, their self-esteem.

Hopefully Karen doesn’t mind she seemed quite pleased with where we thought the money might have been going in the first place. “I must admit that I liked the idea of buying a couple of latrines, nice to think that you are making that much of a difference!!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home