Wednesday, November 27

That will do nicely thank you...

They have given me a pay rise. I didn’t like to mention that I would be happy to work for less just as long as they kept the work coming. I would like to think I was given the rise due to them recognising my natural talent and dedication. Maria shot that thought down in flames however saying it was just because I have been there a year now. With a years experience I have moved up a payment band, so I expect I am now receiving the minimum wage in a new band. I prefer my reasoning but what the heck I will just take my extra 16.6 pence an hour and run.

Public health warning for those reading this on a laptop...

DOCTORS are warning that laptop computers may inflict a burn even through clothed skin, after the bizarre case of a Swedish scientist who scorched his penis and testicles while writing a report in his armchair. The unnamed 50-year-old father of two had balanced the computer on his lap while he wrote the report at home, taking about an hour to do it, according to a letter published in the next issue of the British medical weekly The Lancet.

The following day, he started to develop painful blisters on his foreskin and scrotum, which became infected but eventually cleared up without the need for antibiotics. Laptop manuals usually advise users not to use the computer while its base is resting directly on exposed skin, as heat can build up if the device is left on for a long time. In this case, however, the patient had been wearing trousers and underpants.

You would have thought that he would have noticed things were starting to get a little warm before any damage was done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home