Monday, March 24

Welcome to the relaunch of my blog. To those of you who are new to my site let me introduce myself. I’m James a 25 year old British expat living in Sweden. I have started this blog to describe a running challenge I have set myself. In September of this year I will be running the Stockholm half marathon. This will be followed with the London Marathon in April 2004 and the full Stockholm Marathon in the summer of 2004. I will be running this challenge on behalf of the charity Concern and their credit & savings programme in Cambodia helping people many of who have been affected by landmines.

What difference can a blog make? Can one man and his blog have any positive effect at all in combating the effects of landmines? Maybe a scratch on the surface, nothing you could really notice that however doesn’t mean it’s not worth trying. To the people affected on a personal level it will make all the difference in the world.

Of course I will be trying to rope in as many other bloggers as possible. The more people in involved the greater the effect will be. Donations can be made over a secure server at Justgiving.com and of course are more than welcome. Links to this site would also be gratefully received. Any help provide will be acknowledged on the Roll of Honour

I will also be commenting on other events in my life as I continue the process of becoming a British/Swedish hybrid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home