Sunday, January 26

The trouble with being away from the world of blogging for a week or more is the return post. I haven’t posted anything for over a week, so you would expect that I must have something interesting to write about my now right? What if I haven’t, should I wait longer until I do all the time increasing the expectations of something interesting to write. Well forget that I will just waffle like usual.

Thankfully work has continued to be available, so that has been taking up most of my time. I had hoped to be able to tell you all about my first attempts at skiing but the weather has turned against any hopes of that. The snow has starting to melt away so my bruises have been postponed until another year. So there will be no lyrca suits this year. Instead we spent a day at the next town choosing my suit of our wedding, (what a slick link that was, I think I should be working on television or radio) After trying all the shops we ended up back at one of the first places we tired and ended up purchasing the suit in the picture below. The waistecoat will probably be changed to something with a lower cut, but at the moment this is what I will be looking like on the big day.





The wedding invitations are in the post now, after much screaming at our printer. The gremlins were having a field day. The envelopes were only in partly so only half the address was printed. Of course when I tried to put it through again for a test it work perfectly, only to do the original error once again as soon as a fresh envelope was tried. That together with the thicker paper being more susceptible to ink smudges resulted in the air being turned blue for many an hour.

Other than that we have been busy taking our apartment apart. The contract has been signed and we will be moving at the end of February. Only Jamaica has more banana boxes than us at the moment. A large chunk of the packing is already done, and a small army has been enlisted to help on the day. The local garage hires out vans so we can do everything ourselves and not have to splash out on a removals firm.

Oh and I have taken up a Sunday job once again. Well to call it a job is an insult, it’s more like something that teenagers do for some extra pocket money but what can you do. In a nutshell I have a pile of leaflets dumped on my doorstep each Friday. These I am expected to sort into a pack for each household before posting them into peoples doors on a Sunday. It’s not something I would want to do for long, but in the short term it’s not so bad. The extra cash however small is always welcome, and the exercise will help work of the belly that has built up over the snowy winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home