Wednesday, May 15

I think I am suffering from RMS, Repetitive Music Syndrome. At first the idea of having music blasting out while we worked seemed appealing. Something to distract from the monotonous work. I should have realised it wasn’t a match made in heaven when they tuned the radio to a station who’s slogan proudly boasts ”hit music only”. Or in other words we were too cheap to buy any more CDs than the top 20. The non music snippets are just as exciting. Members of the public mumbling into an answerphone, sometimes even bursting into song. Or maybe it’s the competition. This stations idea to spread the wealth around the country is to reward those who can scream the loudest down the phone. I would suggest it was changed but my colleagues seem to love it. I cant see it myself, maybe if you were tuning in while driving to work it would be appealing, but for a 9 hour shift each day for a week.. Oh well at least the machines drone out some of the noise, err I mean the music. Rant over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home