Sunday, July 7

My body clock is stuck on nightshift time. At 2am last night I was still as perky as anything and it was at least 3 before I could fall asleep. This would be great if I wasn’t working the morning shift next week. Getting up at 5 and going to work after 2 hours sleep doesn’t sound like my idea of fun.

There is another option. In the paper yesterday there was a job as an accounts assistant which I think I could do. Of course there is a problem. It is only for a month. A month when I already have a full month of work available. Should I give up my work as a literature critic (I swear at the quality of the printed material coming off the press) for a chance of stepping a rung up the ladder, if only for a month? Having a months work back in accountancy would help my CV look back to how I would like it. But then what after the months work is over? I would be able to go back to the printers but I would be at the back of the queue for work again, even behind incompetent fool. To make it worse the busy period at the printers would be coming to a end and I could find myself with little work at all. If I stay put I have a chance of some scheduled work, If I disappear for a month I could be back to being rung at 6am and asking if I could get there in 15 minutes.

The work that I am doing at the moment is alright. It's a lot better than delivering leaflets which I was suffering with before. But at the end of the day it is still donkey work. Even if my mind can cope with the work will my body stand up to it? I guess I will apply for it anyway. They never get back to me anyway, so lets send in the application and let them make the decision for me. Ho hum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home