Wednesday, August 7

What a busy week or so it has been! Now its time to go back to work and relax a little. Our new computer is now on order and it's a relief to have that finally sorted. Just deciding what to have and from whom was hard enough on the brain cells but trying to find out how to ship it across was what finally finished me off. It should be worth it in the end though.

The trip down to Gothenburg to see a friend currently holidaying in Sweden was good fun. It was more of a train tour of Sweden more than anything else was. While the trains usually run smoothly sometimes they can challenge British Rail in the hopelessness stakes. Having a trainful of passengers rushing over to another platform to catch a connecting train just in time to watch it depart from the platform next to the one we started on isn’t my idea of fun. I don’t think it helped when the babyfaced reply was ”ohhh opps”. At least the trains were running. Last winter several of the new order trains didn’t run, as they couldn’t cope with the Swedish winter and according to the local paper the wheel were turning square!

The concert was worth seeing but I think it was more of a Swedish thing. There were a few occasions where I thought I must have been missing the point of this. And yes Karen I did clap along with a couple of songs though I did have to keep starting again as the other 6000 people couldn’t keep time with me for some reason.

Having watched bargain hunt with our cornflakes a few time we were inspired to visit a couple of auctions. Most of the items were from house clearances. As such most of it was to put it nicely a bit of old tat but it was still go fun. Maria would start to bid for something and her mum and me would look at each other and roll our eyes. To be fair to Maria she did mainly stick to bidding for the lots she had looked at beforehand and did come away with some very nicely embroidered tablecloths. I think we have found a new way to depart with our money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home