Tuesday, July 23

Its hoilday time over here. Yipeee. Well that is it is for most people, I am having fun working the night shift again. Maria is on holiday however so I am getting to do some summer time outings as well, if somewhat in a daze at times. Over the weekend we took a boat trip on the local lake to Torsång. The weather could have been better but it was still a pleasant trip and it was interesting to get a view of the area from a different perspective. On the outward trip we chanced apon Näcken
"Näcken or Nokk Water spirits that lure people to them by their superb fiddling. One could quickly improve his fiddling skills by placing his fiddle under a bridge that lay over a river for three Thursday nights in a row. The Näcken would then play it, leaving its magic upon it. When the person returned, he would find two fiddles. If he picked his fiddle correctly, he would become a great musician; but if he picked the Näcken's fiddle, it would steal his soul." Bit harsh if you ask me.



Alright i know the boat company put him there and chance had nothing to do with it, but allow me a little romance in my story will you? I hope they paid him well as the wash from the boat as we went on our way nearly knocked him off his rock. Once at our destination we had a chance to look at look around the medival church and the motor museum. Well I say motor museum as that is what they called it, actually it was more of a collection of old toy cars. I guess they take up less space than the real thing. Related Photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home