Monday, January 13

We should have been signing the contract on our new apartment today but unfortunately Maria has come down with an illness. Bugs and germs allowing we will hopefully be signing on the dotted line later this week. Without trying to sound smug or tempt fate I have managed to get this far into winter without being sick or falling on my backside. Something is very very wrong there. We spent the weekend trying to pick out wallpaper for what will be our new bedroom. Well I say “we” what I actually mean is Maria looked at the options while I tried to steer her away from the grey/silvers or spot the difference from the last handful that we had looked at.


In response to a question by Karen No I haven’t tried my skis out yet. I have cleaned off all the old wax from the underside of them and sanded them down. Now all I need to do is purchase some fresh wax and I will be ready to glide into the distance. I have surfed around a couple of websites and have a rough idea of the technique that is required. The methods suggested have been practiced using the well-known slide about on wooden floor with thick socks on technique. This of course does result in regular bouts of static shocks whenever I touch anything. I have also learnt the Swedish for “oh dear it seams I have fallen over again” as I believe it could come in useful in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home