Monday, January 6

We have made it back again to the land of the snow. After a week of shopping, television and seeing some friendly faces we are back to the old routine. We ate too much and watch too many repeats on the box. One of the best programmes we got to see was a comedy show which I had forgotten all about. The one-liners had Maria and I falling off our chairs with laughter. “Severe cold” and in one place “snow which nearly covered all the road” Thanks to the folks at the met office for those. This morning we awoke to see temperatures of minus 30 and I still intend to go and take some photographs for you all. I am just too good to you my dear readers.

Another thing that brought a smile to my face was my dear mother. Now she is wonderful in many ways and I wouldn’t change her for anything. That is my view I doubt however it would be the viewpoint of the hardworking people in the ad agencies. The trouble is that my poor old mum doesn’t get the main message of many adverts. She may enjoy the adverts and remember them but misses the point they are trying to get across. Take the latest Corsa advert for example. I am sure the people would agree with her that their car can indeed fit into small places. However I am sure they would have liked her to realise their main message was that the car was putting the fun into driving again. “They are playing hide and seek mum!” was greeted with “Ohhh are they? I thought they were just counting the small places” It makes you wonder how many people come away with a totally different viewpoint after watching a small clip.

The writers of runjamesrun would like to point out that the names of the characters in the last paragraph have been changed to protect the confused

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home