Tuesday, April 1

I have spent this morning battling with away with my Swedish business studies course. It’s a frustrating pastime as progress is so slow. The subject matter itself isn’t that hard, probably on par with an a-level in business studies. Having to learn so many Swedish words as I go along is keeping the breaks locked on. How many times today have you used an expression like return on investment? hardly surprising then that I didn’t know that its called avkastning in Swedish then, it just doesn’t tend to crop up that often in general conversation.

I am determined to crack on with it however as I am not sure how many months of tedious factory work I can cope with anymore. Conversation is limited with the presses roaring away in the background and dumping bundles of printed matter onto a pallet is hardly stimulating. It says something when the highlight of the evening is when someone decides to hide a tube of hand cream under the wheel of a forklift truck. I don’t think I want to stay at that mentality level for long, but in case anyone’s interested about 40 metres is the target range of a tube of hand cream under a forklift…

Whinge over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home