Tuesday, June 24

When the cats away the mice will play. Except this mouse has no energy left and will probably fall asleep in front of the tv soon. Maria has taken a day trip down to Stockholm to see allsång på Skansen. A Swedish tradition where folk gather in one of the cities parks and have a communal sing song. The middle of summer, blue skies, happy people singing along – that was last year. This year it’s raining cats and dogs. They don’t seem to mind, its being shown live on Swedish television and they are all happily bopping along, singing songs celebrating the summer, with stupid faces which people can only produce when they know a camera is pointing at them.

People have been asking what it feels like to be married. Knakering is the word I would choose at the moment. No one told me that tying the knot would involve so much digging – well what did you think I was going to say? We have acquired our own little allotment patch. It was in a bit of a state when we took it over and guess which muggings agreed to help turn the soil over. Its done now, and we have various vegetables waiting to spring up. Nothings appeared yet, I guess it’s too early, but being part of the sim-allotment generation I am starting to get impatient. Just a little something to peak out of the ground and I will be happy. Mind you the first plant that does appear risks being taken away as weed by my good self so I can kind of understand their reluctance to appear.

Before I sign off for today has anyone a copy of unchained melody online? The 1995 version by Robson Green and Jerome Flynn. If anyone has, and they are willing to admit it, would you send me an email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home