Sunday, July 14

Its been a while since my last post. Mainly due to having a reasonably stressful week at work. The overall work level is less when changing the giant toilet rolls but at the moment since I am always assuming the paper will snap during roll changes it is more stress involved. It was a strange week really. At one point I even found myself feeling sorry for lazy incompetent fool.He hit his head on the corner of the machine while standing up and looked as if he was doing his best not to cry and true to form failing. It didnt last long feeling sorry for him however and I am happy to know I dont have to work with him for another 6 weeks at least. yippeeee.

After a long week what I really needed was a couple of early nights. So we went to the music festival in town. The early parts were a bit stale. Watching some of the people who had been learning how to do the swedish folkdance polska was strange to say the least. They seemed to be really concentrating but to the untrained ignorant eye of people like me it seemed like they were just walking. Okay so they were walking with attitude, but still just walking. The evening improved with the compilation of the best parts of the festival. A wide range of styles all mixed together, from vincent the rapper to the violins, the swiss horns and modern day yodeller. My favourite artist would have to be the chap from Senegal mainly due to his boundless energy, I think I will be annoying Maria with his catchphrase all week..JA JA CHELLO!!!!. Strangely the song "I just wanna make love to you" was translated into swedish as "I just want to have a cup of tea with you" Maybe I have been missing the point with the swedes and their fruit teas.

There are a couple of photos to see in the link on the right if you are interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home