Saturday, July 20

It seems my adventures at work have been causing mixed results from you my dear readers. From Martins understanding of how annoying working in the printing business to Karen’s giggling about the thought of giant toilet rolls requiring breaks. I thought you might like to have a look at a photo or two with a brief description as to what I get up to.



The paper come in rolls which vary by weight and thickness but generally they are about 5 to 6 kms long and weigh about 500kg. Recently I have been "trained" to install these beasts into the start of the press (far left of the picture). I say trained, what I mean is that despite newcomers getting 3 weeks with an existing worker standing by their side I had an hour or 2. The actually process of loading the paper isn’t really that difficult. The trouble lies in the pressure of making sure it’s loaded correctly. Forgetting to install the brakes or air will result in a visual display of paper flying around at a 100 mph flying out at all directions and yourself standing their with a look on your face as if to say opps. I have also recently discovered the machine gets very upset if you allow the top toilet roll to get caught up in the bottom toilet roll. In fact it gets very upset, goes kaboom and sits and sulks for an hour or two.

These pictures are not from the actually factory where I work. This place looks a spacious delight. Its also appears if they have replace the guy that does my normal job with a yellow robot. Probably not a bad idea actually but don’t tell anyone that. The block it is holding is actually stacked pages of books which will then go on to another book binding machine. Actually that just about sums up my normal job, something that could be done better by a yellow robot. But seeing as they havent progrmmed the robot to place the printed material on a pallet and draw an arrow on them they would still need me, yippee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home