Friday, August 9

Its time again. The miserable looking men will no longer be trailing around the supermarkets on a Saturday afternoon any longer. The football season is back and we will be back hoping our tribe will be better than all the other blokes’ tribes. That they wont let us down and that maybe just maybe everything will work out all right. If my team win then life will be some much better, right? Mood swings are bound to come. If I write a moody post, or don’t bother to write anything at all for a while don’t worry. It wont be a family crisis or an accident at the factory. It will be more likely something much worse than that, a 1 nil defeat at the hands of Walsall.

Being in Sweden does make the following of the game a little harder. It’s not just a case of popping down the ticket office. Luckily with the interment I can get match commentary. But this is more likely to put more stress lines on my brow than anything else is. Every attack from the opposition sounds ten times worse and the crowd are always 5 seconds ahead of the commentators so the mind is free to invent all sorts of terrible things happening on the pitch.

Talking about the games at work happens a lot more than you might think. Swedes are very well informed about the English game. Sometimes embarrassingly so, I hadn’t heard that will be a phrase that I expect to repeat many times over the coming months. Anyway I just want to say bare with me, I will be back to my old self again in 9 months time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home