Tuesday, April 15

I think I must be going mad. Quiet at the back, there is no need for rude remarks. When Maria’s alarm clock sounded this morning I sprung into action. Raced out of bed stating in a hurried voice “Shopping, we mustn’t forget the shopping” I was half dressed and in the kitchen before I realised (a) it was at least 4 hours before any shops opened (b) I usually find shopping tedious and would generally be happy to forget all about it, and (c) I didn’t actually have anything to shop.

Its not even as if window shopping is that interesting over here. Okay so my outings shopping in even a major shopping centre may be limited in time, but in my local town people don’t even notice that I have actually been out I am back so quickly. It’s not just that there isn’t that much to browse amongst the shops themselves don’t even seem to welcome you.

Lethargic automatic doors great you at every entrance. I swear one day I am going to walk into one of these annoying contraptions. Its as if the right hand side door is trying to out stare the left hand side door. Seeing who can stay closed the longest before giving in and actually open. People have been seen doing a strange little dance in front of these doors in a vain attempt to actually enter. A one step forward, two steps back routine, with requires hands waving madly at the senor, before turning away in annoyance. This final step of course is the key in making the doors open.

So whatever it was I thought we had to purchase this morning, I am glad to say I have forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home