Saturday, April 6

I will wake up in a minute… honest
This week has been a blur of tiredness and odd jobs. Getting up early (on most days) cycling to work. Working in a daze lifting blocks of paper around, before repeating the cycle ride in reverse. I say I have been getting up early on most days, because on Thursday I didn’t. I was awoken by the sound of the newspaper thudding on the doormat. My first thought was the paperboy is early. It didn’t occur to me that it was I that was late. I have never got up so quickly. I managed to jump out of bed; landing in my trousers left from the night before, Pulled on a jumper and was out of the door. By the time I arrived my thighs felt like jelly and I wondered if I would last the day. So before you ask. No I didn’t manage any running this week… I think I am a running fraud.

The chair has arrived.
I am sure you know those magazines where you collect a part each week to compete a collection. But did you know Ikea did the same thing with their furniture? Having brought a chair a few weeks back we had assumed we would be able to assemble it once we returned home. How silly of us! No when you get home you have to phone up and report the missing parts. Oh well these things happen, anyone can make a mistake cant they? We will just wait the 10 days and we will have are chair. Ohh there I go being silly again! Once the next package arrives you notice they have managed to forget something else. ”ohh I am ever so sorry, we will have the screws and metal poles out to you in the post tonight”. Hmmm okay, my now specious mind was thinking, we will see. The postman arrived the day after next with a package. Okay I was wrong to be so cynical, the lady hadn’t lied at all, I thought as I opened the parcel and the contents fell out. Or should I say the screws. The poles? They could take up to 10 days! But that’s all in the past now, we have everything we need, and the chair is now assembled… I am not sure I like it anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home